All About ApplesISBN: 9781864470468full-colour PB, 160pp, $29.95
All About Apples is a comprehensive, reliable and informative guide to apples old and new, their care, pest and disease control, propagation and harvesting.
- Detailed descriptions of both heritage and modern apple cultivars
- Grow your own organic apples with the true taste of heritage varieties
- More apples for less work with Allen’s new pruning system
- Advice on pests and diseases
- Notes on growing, pruning and grafting
- Espalier apple trees for unusual effects
- Tips on suitability for climate and soil
- Grow more than 10 varieties on a single tree
- Introduction to small-scale orcharding for hobby farmers and tree-changers, including profiles of some working orchards.